Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hanging out with Fletch

An extra long summer has meant extra time spent with kids. Since Piper started pre-school, the boys and I have enjoy our "boy time" each Tuesday and Thursday. We have become regulars at the skate board park - and if you go around 10am - you will be amazed! Instead of the usual "scary teenage" crowd, the parking lot is filled withe minivans. And "Watch this Mom" is a common saying.

This morning Chris had taken Piper and Griffin to early church and Fletcher and I were going to meet them for a later service. Fletch looked at me and said, "What I really wish we could do is go on a bike ride - just you and me." So I proposed that we ride our bikes to church. He thought this was quite the adventure! On our way up the big hill he looked at me and said, "This is the best day of my life. Thanks, mom."

We arrived at church a little hot and not the best dressed - but very thankful for our wonderful morning.


1 comment:

.kp. said...

you are such a good mommy. really. no, really.