Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adventure with Auntie Jane

How often do you go on a playdate and have to bring your own gun? That was the order from Auntie Jane... she told me she would provide 3 swords and 2 play rifles, but could we possible bring a rifle to - in case we wanted to go on a bear hunt.

God knew that with our grandparents far away, that I would need an Auntie Jane close by. Auntie Jane and I share a love for Germany, Europe and third-culture kids (she and Sam were missionaries in Germany the same time I worked there for Young Life). My kids think of her as a cowgirl Mary Poppins - the great aunt with the Magic Cabin and lots a creative ideas.

Last week she took us to Garden of the Gods where we picnicked, searched for Indians and hiked. After the little ones were entertained, she made me tea and we talked.

An adventurous afternoon that left my heart filled with her wonderful Texas hospitality.

No comments: